Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sleeping Beauty

Mona came home from a long day of work. She plopped herself down in one of the chairs in our living room. We chit catted and caught up for a little while and then, after sometime, she lay her head back on the recliner, closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Four hours later she comes to sleepily and asks what time it is. 5:20. She has an engagement at 6 and still needs to get ready. 

Mona: Why did you make me fall asleep? 

Me: Because I'm evil. 

Mona: Humph...

Me: Like Maleficent 

Mona: WHAT? (Looking around confused and horrified)

Me: Maleficent?

Mona: What? (still looking around confused and horrified, I am beginning to think she might still be asleep) 

Me: You know, from Sleeping Beauty? 

Mona: STOP it! 

She yells and then, with a pout on her lips, closes her eyes and falls back asleep. 

I look at her in confusion. I'm not sure if she was yelling at me to stop being a weirdo or to stop putting her under a sleeping spell? I guess I'll never know because when she finally woke up, she didn't remember the conversation. 


{Update: Mona just called me and said "I didn't get to read it, but I saw a glimpse of your blog post and since It's called 'Sleeping Beauty' I can only assume it's about me." I quickly replied "If it was about you it'd be called 'Sleeping Ugly'." So if Mona asks this post is not about her.}

No comments:

Post a Comment