Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Five Reason I Miss Having A Phone

I'm having a hard time getting into the swing of things after vacation. I mean look at how long it took me to post vacation photos!

There are lots of stories and lots of things I could be writing about about. I have half a dozen of them started, but I can seem to finish them. I get distracted or bored and I hate editing, {note to self: get a blog editor. I wonder how much that would cost}, so I put it off until it's too late and then you get a post like this instead.

I think I'm still in anti-work mode. The nice weather doesn't help either.

Another reason might be that my phone has stopped taking a charge and I have to do all of my pointless internet browsing during my writing time. Priorities people, priorities. Anyways, with my phone, I thought it was the battery, the lady at the phone store confirmed this, so I bought a new one. Now it's not taking a charge at all. It was the holiday weekend, so I haven't taken it in yet. Taking it in might be my after work project if Netflix doesn't interrupt.

I haven't really missed my phone that much. I don't like answering phone calls or listening to voice-mails, so it's a good excuse. "Oh you left a message? Sorry my phone's not working!"

There are a few reasons I miss having a phone though...

1. I don't know what time it is...ever. We don't have a clock in our living room, because if it's plugged in by the TV and we vacuum we blow a fuse and we never reset it and if we have it in any of the other plugs it always gets unplugged when we have friends over so phones can be charged.

I also walk on my lunch and I never know what time I need to turn around so I make it back on time. Out shopping and have plans after I either have to guess or ask someone (okay, so maybe I always guess)

2. I never know where I know that girl/guy from. IMDB is my favorite app. Every time I'm watching a movie people look familiar and I have no idea where they are from, I'm terrible at that, but I want to know what else they've been in...where I've seen their face before...so I pull out my phone and check IMDB (I should be getting paid for this advertising). I love it.

3. I could be murdered and no one would know. This one is mostly from my mother. She hates me being phone-less. The other night when I was home alone she made me sleep with my computer on and Facebook up, so I would be able to message for help if needed.

4. Nothing to look like I'm busy doing something else besides talking. Come all we all do it. When we are bored or don't feel like talking you take out your phone and mindlessly scroll through Facebook.

5. When I have a burning question I need answered RIGHT now, like what kind of poisonous worm makes a noise like a milk frother, I can't find out RIGHT now! I could run and find a computer, but I'm too lazy. I could ask Mona, but she can't Google to save her life! I try to tell myself I'll remember to look it up later, but then I forget. I always feel like I'm forgetting something. I think my phone is like my brain.

(P.S. I did not edit this, so if you wish to correct it please apply to be my editor at lunalablue@gmail.com)

6 comments:

  1. What would we do without Google! I HAVE to be able to Google everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be overly dramatic, but probably DIE!!!!




    ...for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3. YES! I thought I was the only one with this irrational fear!! haha! And I also Google EVERYTHING I want to know...it's a sickness.

    Julie
    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to know we're not alone in our mutual weirdness...or sickness...whatever you want to call it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could survive without my phone. And not for the phone part, either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's rough...I still don't have it. I borrow my coworkers battery during the day, so I can check things out.

    ReplyDelete