Monday, March 17, 2014

The Weekend

Right now I'm sitting in a coffee shop in Appleton, WI with Mona, drinking a lavender mocha, and writing. I wish I could write like this everyday. I can't say that I miss my day job too much right now.

This past weekend was AMAZING!!

Friday night we went and saw Demi Lovato. It was the first time Mona and I have gone to a Major concert. We done a few fairs and low key small concerts, but this one was insane. We were at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. It was sold out, 12,000 people. That's crazy. There was even a girl dress up like corn. Don't ask my why.

Demi played with 5th Harmony and Little Mix and Magician Collins Key, none of whom I've ever heard of before. (I'm not good at keeping up with pop music culture).

I can't say I LOVED all the screaming little girls during 5th Harmony and Little Mix, I think I went a little deaf, but Demi was AMAZING!

I think it was a perfect Christmas gift for Mona, well second after my homemade sweater.

The next day as we were getting ready in our hotel room, we had not plans, so I was browsing through the internet looking for things going on in Chicago.

There wasn't much catching my fancy and I was about to close out of the browser when something caught my eye.

WALKER STALKER CON

Guys, Walkers as in ZOMBIES! The cast of Walking Dead was literally a block away from the hotel we were at!!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before or not, but I LOVE WALKING DEAD! It's one of my favorite shows!

AND they were a block away!

Walker Stalker Con was Zombies, Horror, and SyFy

There was the cast of Walking Dead, Arrow, Lost, and people dressed up like Zombies!

It. Was. Amazing.

We heard Nester Carbonell from Lost talk about Lost theories and the 10th anniversary.

And Emily Kinney (Beth) talk about her and Daryl's relationship and her new CD coming out this Tuesday (didn't know she was a real singer).

And Lauren Cohan (Maggie) and Steven Yeun (Glenn) from Walking dead talking together about their relationship and theories and the goofy things they do...it was great!

I can't believe we just stumbled on this amazingness!

I was super proud of Mona too, she doesn't come off as the biggest syfy/zombie fan, but she held her own talking about the shows and theorizing with other super fans! I have never been prouder! I think my geeky/nerdiness is starting to rub off!

We stayed until they closed up shop and then heading back to Milwaukee, spent the night at Gma's house, played cards and at food with some of our family.

We left there to meet up with our friend, Jo, to see the Veronica Mars Movie! We have been waiting for this since the series ended (on a very bad note, if I might add).

It was everything I wanted and more, it took me right back to the television show and seemed like just another episode, but with a little something more. It was great to have that closure, but it also left you with a little hope for more.

Mona said it was good and she couldn't wait for next week's episode.  I wish.

We still have until tomorrow at 2:00 (when Mona has to be back to work, so we're going to see what else exciting we can find to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment