Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tina's Terrible Joke Tuesday!

Okay, so most of you know that I work as a receptionist for a medical facility. 

There is a lot of money issues that come up in a medical facility and I can't and don't want to deal with them, so each department has a Patient Financial Counselor (PFC) who takes care of all the money and insurance questions and problems for us. 

When I first started Tina was my PFC. I loved her. She wasn't in the building, so we would just email back and forth ALL the time. She thought I was hilarious. I would make jokes and was cute and funny and charming and she would just laugh and tell me how cute and funny and charming I was (okay, so she might have given me a bit of a big head, but so what). I loved working with Tina. I like to think I made her work day a little bit brighter and I had a blast coming up with funny ways to say boring work related things. It was the best. 

Then they took Tina away from me. 

They wanted her to lighten her load. I wanted her to get rid of some of her other departments, but apparently it was wiser for her to keep the departments that were actually in her building or something like that. Whatever.

So, instead they gave me Cathy. 

Cathy seemed nice enough, but she a little nervous (okay maybe a lot nervous) about her job. Anytime I talked to her she was a mess and all over the place. I don't think she would have taken my joking well. She would get all the work done, but there was no real interaction. It was strictly professional.  

Well, she must of got sick of us because about a month or so ago she started training Kat to take her place. 

I was emailing Tina about it and I didn't know why Cathy was leaving, but my best guess is that a pack of wild panda bears was threatening to take over at north (the building where our PFC is located) and the only way to stop them was to bring in Kat, the panda whisperer, to calm the situation down. But again, that's just my best guess, so don't take my word on it.

Tina liked that guess and agreed. 

Once Kat took over the reins, she started asking me how to do her job. I was so confused and tried my best to logically help her out, but I thought that's what she was trained and paid to know and do? It was weird, but I rolled with it. 

Then last week, out of nowhere, she mysteriously disappeared.. I couldn't get a hold of her and she didn't respond to any of my messages. Just poof. Gone. And this was more than just a call in sick kinda gone. This was few days nobody has taken over for her kinda gone. 

After some investigation, interrogation, and bribes I found out the official word is they are making some "personnel changes". We all know what this really means. She is actually a human clone birthed by the alien race from Pluto come to take over our planet and rob us of our tongue depressors and post-it notes.  

BUT, all that aside, GUESS WHAT!! TINA'S BACK!!!

I got a surprise email from Tina saying that she would be taking over our department until further notice. I know once they get things worked out she will be gone again, but until they do I will be happy. 

To celebrate we started Tina's Terrible Joke Tuesday! 
I think the title is pretty self explanatory, but just it case...Every Tuesday I email Tina terrible jokes. And by terrible I don't mean dirty, gotta still keep it classy and work appropriate, I'm talking corny and punny jokes, the cornier and punnier the better! 

Here are today's Tina's Terrible Joke Tuesday Jokes...

Want to hear a pizza joke…. nah, it’s too cheesy. What about a construction joke? Oh never mind, I’m still working on that one. Did you hear the one about the rope? Skip it. Have you heard the one about the guy in the wheelchair? Never mind, it’s too lame.

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards
the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.


I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then it hit me





If you have any suggestions for next week let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment