Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Am Weird

I came to the realization yesterday that I am...weird

Yes, I know it's hard to believe.

"You weird Luna? Never. You must be thinking about Mona."

Sorry to burst your bubble of my perfection, but it's true. I am weird.

I normally try to hide this weirdness on a daily bases, but when I'm tried I can't focus enough to keep it a bay, and yesterday boy was I was tired.

First of all and worst of all, Mona woke up up from a nap (I have a bad nap history). I never feel more hatred for someone then when they wake me up from a nap and seeing Mona's ugly stupid face right above me telling me she called me eight times because we had plans to go to dinner caused nothing but pure and utter hatred in my very soul towards her.

But that's not what caused me to realize my weirdness. (I feel completely justified in being slightly upset from being aroused from a light nap)

What I realized is that when I'm tired I become Captain Obvious.

Yesterday, Mona, still on the defensive from my verbal abuse and dirty looks, annoyingly pointed it out.

I say things like:

"It's cold outside we need to put on our coats"

 "We need to pay for the food"

"Grab the key before you leave the house"

That's not even the weird thing. The weird thing I realized is...this is just me thinking out loud.

I think these things every time I have to do something. I have to remind myself it's cold outside and I need to put on my coat, or make sure you don't lock yourself out of the house, or we need to pay the bill before we can get up, put on our coat, grab the keys and leave.

I am constantly running through the list of things I have to do to get from point A to point B when something needs to be done. Like leave the house.

When I'm tired I have to think these things out load to remind myself even more to do them or I will get locked out of the house without a coat in the middle of winter.

Mona thought I was trying to annoy her by reminding her to do things, but the truth is I was talking out loud to remind myself.

If that's not weird, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

  1. This had me giggling to myself! And honestly made me feel better about myself cause I talk to myself all the time!

    ReplyDelete