Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Bachelor Confession

Okay guys. I have a truly embarrassing confession. It's something I am truly ashamed of more than anything
in life.

I watch The Bachelor.

I hate it and everything it stands for with every fiber of my being. It's a bunch of unnecessarily desperate woman fighting for one guy. And this guy? He's seeing other woman. Kissing them and telling them he loves them.
Hell no.

No woman should put up with that. It's degrading. Everyone deserves better.

I was forced in to watching The Bachelor a few seasons back because of Mona and Becky. I didn't watch willingly and I complained the entire time. I still do. But to quote Miley Cyrus, I can't stop!!

I don't watch for the romance or the fairy tale happy ending. I watch for the crazy woman and their insane drama. I think it is one of the funniest shows on television!

Where else can you see someone faking a pregnancy to tell a guy she wants kids, or a grown woman riding up the street playing a piano or a woman trying to win someones heart by telling him that her fiance left her last month. You can watch a creepy massage therapist giving a guy in a suit an awkward massage and upon leaving saying "I guess he didn't touch me like I touched him."  You can also find new job professions such as "Free Spirit" and "Dog Lover" (Becky: Dog lover? I think that's illegal). And that was just in the first episode this season!

And it only get's crazier! These poor women act like this is a last change, life or death scenario.

I have never seen more drama or tears anywhere in my life.

Gosh this makes me sound like a terrible person, bu t I love laughing at their emotional pain.

I have a problem.

On a serious note 
I want to talk about Gia. One of the past bachelor contestants. She took her own life this
past year only two hours after her boyfriend told her he didn't love her anymore.

I want to say to those people out there who are lonely and afraid, heartbroken and hurt, alone and scared, that there are people out there that truly love you.

It may not be a man, but there are people who love you. People who's world would be torn apart if you took your own life. A mother who would be left to weep for her child. A friend who would never be the same. A coworker who could have been a shoulder to lean on. Even a stranger, who you unknowingly made an impact on their life, would think of you everyday. Our lives touch other people more than we even know. One man isn't worth it. It's these people who make it worth it. Life, even with all it's hurt and pain, sometimes more than we think we can bare, is worth it. You are worth it. 

Please don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment