Friday, December 6, 2013

The Hills Are Alive!

If you were one of the cool kids last night...you were watching The Sound of Music Live!

If you have absolutely NO idea what I'm talking about, you are not only not one of the cool kids, but you are also living under a rock. #SoundOfMusicLife was blowing up all the social media networks last night! It was "it" social event to attend in the comfort of your living room. 


It was brilliant! 

First of all, I am a sucker for all things musical. There's just something about people bursting into song and dance instead of just talking about their feelings that makes me giddy. I sometimes wish real life was a musical. 

Second, I love live theater. Every show is different. You never know if they are going to trip and fall or miss their high note or forget all of their lines. Like last night when Carrie Underwood almost fell down the mountain! I literally gasped out loud! But thankfully Carrie caught herself just in time and the show went on! It's the suspense people!

Third, I love The Sound of Music. If you don't like it, I may be reconsidering our friendship agreement. Who doesn't love The Sound of Music? 

I knew it wasn't going to be Julie Andrews movie quality, but I went in with excitement and an open mind. 

And I loved every moment of it!

Well, except where they left out the young love gazebo dancing and the goat herding marionettes yodeling, but I can get past that. 

There was dancing and singing some of my favorite songs and the classic story we all love. It was wonderful! 

Some of the cast, especially Carrie, seemed a little nervous during the first few scenes, but they settled into it nicely. 

It wasn't the best live performance I have ever seen, but, if you know live theater, I would attribute this to an opening day performance. Everyone's nervous, it's the first time in front of their audience (in this case being broadcast live on TV) they don't have all the kinks worked out yet. It's not like you would see a few months in where they are a well oiled machine. 

That doesn't mean it wasn't amazing or worth watching. It just what live theater is! 

Mona and I were singing and waltzing around the living room and reading the hilarious #soundofmusiclive twitter feed along with the show. 

Afterwards, it wan't enough, we cranked the movie soundtrack with Julie (yes, we are on a first name bases) and kept the party going. 

Mona recorded me a vine of Climb Ev'ry Mountain to help encourage me this week. 

And we ended the night singing So Long, Farewell, as Mona walked out the door. 

It was an all around magical night! 

(yes, that last line was over the top cheesy, but I warned you from the start that musicals make me giddy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment