Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Arranged Marriage

I think all this Wedding Doll stuff is going to Mom's head. I got a pin from her today. The pin was sent to Mona and I. This pin was a wedding dress she found online and wanted us to look at. Both of us are 100% single with no hope of that changing any time in the foreseeable future.  

I of course had to say something about this on Facebook. 

Here is the conversation that took place:

My mother is pinning wedding dresses to me and Mona. Do you think she is trying to say something?
Top of Form
Like ·  · Share · 2 hours ago · 

16  like this.
Kari  Yes. That is exactly what she is doing. about an hour ago · Unlike · 1

Luna What is she trying to say Kari? about an hour ago · Like

Kari  She would you and or Mona to get married and wear one of the dresses that she has graciously chosen for you. I don't know how to better spell it out for you. about an hour ago · Like

Kari *she would LIKE. It is clearly bed time. about an hour ago · Like

Luna Well go to bed...you are going to have to help me find a groom to go with my dress tomorrow. about an hour ago · Like

Kari Dress first. Grooms later. about an hour ago · Like

Luna And to think I'd had it backwards all these years! about an hour ago · Like

Kari Silly Luna. about an hour ago · Like

Kayla You said you need a groom???? Lol about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 2 (this girl has been trying to set me up with Charles for years)

Luna  NO Kayla. You are not allowed to help. about an hour ago · Like · 2

Becky Give us 8 hours tomorrow and you will have your groom about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1

Luna No, no. I'm fine with just the dress for now. And I have already banned you and Kayla from "helping" me find a guy. about an hour ago · Like

Luna you have been officially banned since the incident at the Christmas party last year. about an hour ago · Like · 1 (last year Becky tried to set me up with a guy at her Christmas party by begging me to go because she didn't have a date.)

Mom Check it out...its gorgeous!

http://www.bridaydress.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/869d4aa70f18ed8248180ceb03d1140c/g/o/gossamer-02.jpg

Miss Groom I'm a Groom! Just not the kind you're looking for. Har har har. ...I'm so lame. about an hour ago via mobile · Unlike · 2

Luna You'll do in a pinch Miss about an hour ago · Like · 1

Mom Here is a groom
http://newwonderfulphotos.blogspot.com/2013/10/lol.html
about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1

Luna Mother I shudder to think what you think of me by sending me these highly offensive pictures! about an hour ago · Like

Heather Character is what is most important. There could be a really big heart behind those thick glasses. about an hour ago · Unlike · 2

Heather Actually, Luna. I am on your side. I was just playing the devil's advocate so you could improve your arguments a bit. ;p  Here's an encouraging video. Stay strong! 
I'll shut up now. 53 minutes ago · Unlike · 3 · Remove Preview

Mom I loved your first response heather!!!!! 46 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

Luna That video did make me laugh Heather That would probably be me. 46 minutes ago · Like · 1

Richard I want to join this thread, but fear my gender being taken advantage of. I love wedding dresses. My fav, a little steampunk/victorian sci-fi flare:
http://daestwen.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Wedding-Dress-Revamp-158584835
Someone ended up actually making it, but I couldn't find a link right now. 31 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 1 · Remove Preview

Luna all these wedding dresses make me feel like I'm being set up for an arranged marriage. Haha 27 minutes ago · Like

Luna it's a cool idea for a wedding dress Richard 23 minutes ago · Like

Heather  Is your issue with the arrangement or the marriage? 22 minutes ago · Like

Mom I could organize that if you would like 21 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Richard  I'm just here for the dresses. 20 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 1

Heather  I can actually connect you with a number of professional matchmakers. It would be good for them to have something to do. Something besides thinking about me anyways.... 20 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Vivian  Yes! It's what mothers do! 20 minutes ago · Like

Mom And Vivian we do it well! 16 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

Luna since you're all planning. This is the dress I really want
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a32006343/so_ugliest_wedding_dress
15 minutes ago · Like · 1

Luna with a train just a little longer than this...
http://www.suhana.com/blog/ugly-wedding-dresses-in-action.html
13 minutes ago · Like · 1

Heather Good! You may as well get it fitted. At the rate these minds are whirring, prince Charming will be along shortly. 12 minutes ago · Like

Luna just let me know when and where to show up

Mom I love your dress honey 15 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Luna Thanks ma 14 minutes ago · LikeBottom of Form


No comments:

Post a Comment