Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rainy Day Blues

Rainy Day Blues 
This has not been a great morning and it's only 7:17 A.M.

First off, I woke up five minutes before my alarm.

Do you know how upsetting it is to wake up five minutes before your alarm?  Especially when you're really tired. I just about wanted to cry. (I also want to cry when my alarm doesn't go off and I'm late for work and I also want to cry when it goes off right on time...the alarm clock just can't win)

Then, I end up throwing my controller across the room (just on my bed, nothing super violent or anything).

Why you may ask?

Well, this whole week I have been watching season one of The Mindy Project on Hulu while I have been getting ready in the morning (I've been talking about it on Twitter). When I went to start an episode, that I was in the middle of, this morning it was gone! All of season one has been replaced by last nights season two episode!

How am I suppose to watch season two before I finish season one? And I was left hanging in the middle of an episode!

So, I threw my control across my room and on to my bed and got ready in silence.

Once I was ready, I grabbed Mona's toothbrush and toothpaste and ran out the door to my car. It was raining and I left my raincoat in my parents minivan last week, so I got wet. (if your wondering about Mona's toothbrush and toothpaste, she forgot to brush her teeth and I go to the coffee shop where she works every morning, so she wanted me to bring it for her)

I get to the coffee shop, drop off the toothbrush, grab my coffee and a muffin, and book it to work so I won't be late.

I pull into the big empty parking lot and drive towards my spot. And out of this whole big and empty parking lot there is only one car in the entire lot.  And do you know where this one car, in this big empty parking lot, is parked?

MY SPOT!!!!

Now, we don't so much have assigned parking spots, it's more of self assignment. Basically I park in the same place every morning and everybody knows it.

I don't want to be the kind of person who does the same thing everyday and gets upset when their lives get disrupted. I really don't want to be that type of person, but I think I am.

That's MY SPOT! 

I had to take a deep breath. I went and parked in a different spot giving the empty car the evil eye and muttered under my breath the whole time.

This is obviously not something that is upsetting to me. I'm writing about this very calmly.

All in all my day hasn't been too terribly terrible, things could be worse. I am very optimistic that it will get....

...my boss just called to tell me my coworker is not coming in and I have to do all of her work.

Also, I have think I eat a muffin like a two year old! How does one get so many crumbs everywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment