Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Money is Catching Fire

You remember yesterday when I said I was starting a super saving money and pinching pennies plan?

Well you know what I did immediately after writing said super saving money and pinching pennies plan?

I went out and bought three tickets to see Catching Fire for tonight!!

This money saving thing is not going to be easy...

BUT IN MY DEFENSE we did say we were going to this movie last week. Actually we said we were going after the last movie. And if you want to get technical I made a mental promise to see all the movies after I finished reading the books. .

So, really I have really been planning on going to this movie for the past two years.

Therefor this spending of money does NOT count.

Nor does the popcorn.

I'm just saying...I have pre-planned to eat popcorn at this movie too!

Don't judge me!!!

Moving on.

I am absolutely in LOVE with going to all the "late night" movie premieres!

It's a love hate relationship with the no longer having midnight movie releases because it just doesn't seem as cool to say "Oh, I'm going to see the premiere at 8:00 or 11:10", but on the other hand it is lovely idea when I think about waking up at 6:00 AM after seeing a 2.5 hour movie at midnight on a Thursday night (those Friday work mornings are rough)

I still love going.

I could quiet honestly care less what movie it is, from Star Wars to Twilight (yes, I went to see all the Twilight movies at midnight) it's all about the PEOPLE!

Normally I'm not a big crowd, lots of people type person, but standing in line for hours with these people is a horse of a completely different color!

Oh the crazy movie obsessed fans that come out in the night!

I just love them.

Star Wars people are the super nerdy, bring your lightsabers and R2-D2s along with you, type of fans.

The Twillight fans are the screaming/crying team Edward/Jacob tweens and middle age mothers type. It's a fine line between annoying and hilarious. At the last movie there was literally a girl full out sobbing behind me in the theater. I know I shouldn't get so much joy out of a teen girls sobs, but I do. I think I had a smile on my face the whole time.

Harry Potter fans are my personal favorite. All dressed up like Hogwarts students, broom races in the parking lots, trivia and spell casting games! AND let me tell you, the broom races are no joke. A fight broke out one year over them and the cops had to be called!

The movie theaters even get into the festivities with trivia, games, and prices. I there were even silent auctions taking place during a few of the Twilight movies.

I have to say I was a little disappointed in the Hunger Games crowd last year, not as many people dressed up as I would have liked.

I am holding out hope that the crazy fan base has grown a little since last year and I will see a few more boots and braids. What I really want to see is someone on fire! That would be cool! (I'm talking fake fire, not real fire. Real fire would just be ridiculous. I'm allergic to smoke)

I guess it's understandable that no one really wants to be a part of the Hunger Games. Fighting for you life and killing other children for sport doesn't sound like my cup of tea either. Well at least not as fun as going to Hogwarts.

(Side Note: to all the sobbing teenage Twilight fans out there, I may laugh in the face of your tears, but I would stand in line with you any day. You drew me in with your gumption and dedication and love. I am team Twilight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment