Stress is a strange thing.
It does strange things to my body.
I don't sleep, I don't eat, I get headaches, I'm distracted, my right eye starts to twitch, and my hands shake.
A combination of stress, nerves, and anxiety is not a mix I would recommend to anyone. This time around my streverty (stre-ve-ty a combination of stress, nerves, and anxiety if you don't know my made up lingo) was in part due to my lack of anticrastination (opposite of procrastination. See this link for reference). Basically I need to stop messing around and get my work done on time or I'm going to go insane!
So here are my self-prescribed recommendations and inspirations for this fall semester to avoid streverty.
1. Some lovely motivation and inspirational Pins from Pinterest:
2. This quote from the text book I was reading for school:
"Your time is valuable and you'll need to plan ahead to avoid rushed frenzy right before your due date"
If I learned anything from this class, this is going to be it!
3. Following the 11 Practical Ways to Stop Procrastination. Procrastination is a lifelong struggle for me. Hopefully by using some of these practical tips it will help!
4. Start doing Yoga again. I like Yoga. It relaxes me. It reduces my stress levels.
5. Remember that I LIKE TO LEARN!! This one is a big one for me. Tests, exams, and projects take all the fun out of learning for me. I am going to try and not focus so much on the tests, but more on the learning. I really do like it!
6. There was also this lovely blog called On A Simple Thought. I read the post called Steps in Achieving Your Dreams right after I finished my test that really inspired me to keep at it. It reminded me to focus, plan, commit, be motivated, and have a good support system. It was exactly what I needed to hear after a crappy day and me wanting to throw the towel in.
7. Remember: Don't give up on your dreams just because they seem hard! It will be worth it, I promise!