Thursday, August 28, 2014

School Is For Fools

School. Sucks.

Who's idea was it to go back to school after 4 years and further my education? Whoever it was they were a complete idiot! (This is just the stress talking. Getting an education is really a good thing)

Anyways, schools the reason I've been a little MIA this last week or two or so...I don't even know the days anymore. All I've been doing is studying, writing papers, and taking tests. I've had no time for real life whatsoever.

I have hardly been in contact with humans and the one time I am I manage to make it embarrassing.

So, a thing about me...I'm a slob. It's just a fact. Right now my room is a complete and utter disaster. And during finals I have even less time and desire to clean. So it's worse than normal.

I take all of my tests online with a webcam supplied by my school. When it comes to test time I just shove all of my mess into piles away from view of the camera. No problem. Normally. Normally the video camera is attached to a faceless nameless person who I have no contact with whatsoever. I set up the camera, make sure it's connected, and go.

Well, apparently that's not happening this year. This year they upgraded their system. This year a face and name are talking to me through my webcam. This year a relatively attractive male named Greg is attached the webcam. This year they made me look this man in the eyes and give my camera a 360 degree turn around my room. Around my disaster of a room! I just did it. There was nothing I could do at that point. There was no getting around it. I didn't mention the mess. I acted like this was normal and perfectly acceptable to have 100 fast food cups and piles of dirty clothes thrown all over the room.When I finished there was a long pause and the he said "um, okay. I guess that's good." I could hear the embarrassment in his voice. I ignored it.

Let's just say for my last test this week I will be cleaning my room a bit.

After Labor Day I'll be back to my normal blogging...if I don't die from exams that is. If you don't hear from me again inform the police education killed me.          

4 comments:

  1. I have this problem too. I don't know why. It's so EASY to keep it clean. And yet, it's not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that is so weird. Why do they need to see your room? Creepy. And weird. And odd. Good luck at school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do it to make sure I don't have the answers plastered on my walls or someone whispering the answers in my ear. It's still a little creepy to have someone watch you like that, but it's easier then finding a testing facility to go to.

    ReplyDelete