Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lost in Mona's Delusional Mind

Okay, due to my busy schedule, I'm giving the reigns over to Mona today! I apologize in advance for the sheer number of songs you are suppose to listen to along with the reading. I told Mona that she was over estimating the song to reading ratio and she just told me she reads REALLY slow so it was okay. She also said she felt like she was writing the next Harry Potter book as it is so long. 

So please enjoy this extremely long post by Mona, while listening to a lot of music and reading very slowly. ~Luna

(STOP!!! Before you start turn on the song “FEATHERSTONE” By The Paper Kites and then continue to read)  

She walks out of her mother’s house towards her car, when all of a sudden she looks up and she sees a UPS truck parked right behind her car. Her heart sinks to her stomach, is this the moment she has been waiting for…

HI! Mona here, I am filling in for Luna while she is busy doing school.
She told me no, but I went a head and wrote it anyway. Try and stop me now!!! She probably thinks that you guys will love me more, I am probably right! Today I am going to tell you a little story!

Let’s get back to the beginning! How about we back it up about 3 years? Come along with me as I paint you a mental picture of my life.

(STOP!!! Before you start turn on the song “1,000 SHIPS” by Rachel Platten) 

Mona, a young innocent girl of 18, She was sitting at her mother’s house mid December. Mona startled awake during a mid afternoon nap by the sound of a ring of the bell. Gasp, someone was at the door. She scrambles to get to her feet, fixes her hair in the mirror and cracks the door open. To her surprise it is the UPS man. When Mona fully opens the door she sees the most beautiful brown haired man who smiles at her and his big brown eyes meet hers and he says “Hi” ….Mona is left speechless. Mostly because of love at first site that she just experienced and partly because of the two dogs she was trying to hold back. All that she could bear to utter to this man was “No, I am not 21 to sign for this package, let me go get my mom.” Mona was mortified that she just said that and runs down the hall in embarrassment. Her mother finishes the exchange and Mona is left wondering if she just blew her only chance at love.

(STOP!!! Now we need to cue the music. Put on “BLOOM” By The Paper Kites and then continue to read)

Throughout the years to follow Mona would make sure to intercept every package that came to the door. She would always answer in a hopeful way thinking that she would see her love return. Time and time again she would answer and it would be a chubby, old, bald man or someone who resembles Santa Claus. These men were all very nice, but lo and behold not the one she was looking for though she did think to set them up with Luna.

Mona decided to give up the search. But every time she sees a UPS truck her heart can’t help but skip a beat.

Fast forward to our current date and time.

(STOP!!!! Tune your radio to “AT LAST” By ETTA JAMES) 

Until ONE DAY!!!!
She walks out of her mother’s house towards her car, when all of a sudden Mona looks up and see sees a UPS truck parked right behind her car. Her heart sinks to her stomach, is this the moment she has been waiting for? Mona just had a feeling that this time was going to be the time. As she walks towards the UPS truck the man gets out and turns the corner. Those familiar brown eyes met hers and this time she didn't let him go.

(STOP!!! Turn on “LOST IN MY MIND” By The Head And The Heart)

Alternate ending (or real ending)-

She walks out of her mother’s house towards her car, when all of a sudden she looks up and see sees a UPS truck parked right behind her car. Her heart sinks to her stomach, is this the moment she has been waiting for… Mona just had a feeling that this time was going to be the time. As she walks towards the UPS truck the man gets out and turns the corner and she realizes that this relationship she created in her head was all an illusion and the red headed, blue eyed UPS driver she was staring at was indeed staring back at her, but in a crazy why are you looking at me way and he politely said “hello”.


So alas Mona gets in her car and starts Laughing out loud and the first thing she does is calls Luna and explains her funny story to her!

~Mona

1 comment:

  1. I've been so bad with commenting. I'm still around lurking though. I am stuck in the house with 12-18 inches of snow outside so I have all the time in the world to watch the clips.

    ReplyDelete