Friday, September 5, 2014

Condescending Scold: We Have Pamphlets On That


Me: I might have just nicely told a patient to be proactive about her healthcare.

Mona: Weird.

Me: She was trying to get me to do stuff for her next month when all it would take is for her to call her doctor today and take two seconds.

Becky:
lol That was such a mature way to scold someone.

Mona: Right?

Me: I really just wanted to say "Hell, no. You are a grown ass woman. Do it yourself."

Mona: I like the first one. It is more a condescending scold.

Me: And more professionally acceptable. I can't get fired for encouraging someone to be proactive about their healthcare. We have pamphlets on that.

6 comments:

  1. You have to get creative on scolding people when telling people "no" when you work in customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. I work with students at a college and have to get creative about how I tell them to do things for themselves, etc. You can always just be mean about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't think I would want to work strictly with college students. They still have their parents tagging along doing everything for them when they are suppose to be the adults.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. And sometimes I have to politely scold the parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I bet. Probably more then the students.

    ReplyDelete