Tuesday, January 6, 2015

#NewDay 5: Robotics

I BUILT A SOLAR POWERED ROBOT!!

Sure, it may have just been out of a little kit, but it is freaking exciting! Sorry my nerd is showing.

Robotics has been my topic of study as of late, I've been reading up about them on the internet and watching some Ted Talks on Robotics on Netflix (which I highly recommend), but I've never actually tired to build one before!

The only problem right now is the fact that I don't know if he actually works. Yet.

You see he's a SOLAR POWERED robot and the thing is right now work kinda steals all my sunshine throughout the week. I go to work and it's dark and I leave work and the sun is already setting on the horizon. Not so conducive to running solar powered robots.

You don't know how depressing it is to need the sun and not have it.

I was gonna go home on lunch today and try to run it in the -10 degree sunny weather, but then Becky wanted me to go eat Mexican food with her instead. I told her she was thwarting my plans to bring about world domination. Because of course I plan on taking over the world with my army of deadly robots. This tiny robot is obviously just my first step.





1 comment: